96. W.W. Gerberich, R. Ballarini, E.D. Hintsala, M. Mishra, J-F Molinari and I. Szlufarska, “Toward Demystifying the Mohs Hardness Scale,” Feature Article in September issue of Journal of the American Ceramic Society, Vol. 98, No. 9, 2681-2688, 2015.
95. J. Le, R. Ballarini and Z. Zhu, “Modeling of Probabilistic Failure of Polycrystalline Silicon MEMS Structures,” Feature Article and Cover Page in June issue of Journal of the American Ceramic Society, Vol. 98, Issue 6, 1685-1697, June 2015.
94. I. Ostanin, R. Ballarini and T. Dumitrica, “Distinct Element Method for Multiscale Modeling of Cross-Linked Carbon Nanotube Bundles: From Soft to Strong Nanomaterials,” Journal of Materials Research, Vol. 30, No. 1, Jan. 2015, pp. 19-25.
93. R. Ballarini, A. Franco and G. Royer-Carfagni, “Wedge-Shaped Fracturing in the Pull Out of FRP Stiffeners from Quasi-Brittle Substrates,” International Journal of Solids and Structures, Vol. 51, Issue 18, September 2014, 3196-3208.
92. I. Ostanin, R. Ballarini and T. Dumitrica, “Distinct Element Modeling of Carbon Nanotube Bundles with Intertube Sliding and Dissipation,” ASME Journal of Applied Mechanics, Vol. 81, Issue 6, June 2014.
91. A. Gautieri, S. Vesentini, A. Redaelli and R. Ballarini, “Modeling and Measuring Visco-elastic Propeties: From Collagen Molecules to Collagen Fibrils,” International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, Vol. 56, pp. 25-33, 2013 (published online http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijnonlinmec.2013.03.012i).
90. J. Le, M. Pieuchot and R. Ballarini, “Effect of Stress Singularities on Scaling of Strength of Quasibrittle Structures,” ASCE Journal of Engineering Mechanics, Vol. 140, Issue 5, May 2014 (posted online 10.1061/(ASCE)EM.1943-7889.0000693 (July 10, 2013).
89. D. Giannuzzi, R. Ballarini, A. Huckelbridge, Jr., M. Pollino and M. Valente, “Braced Ductile Shear Panel: a New Seismic Resistant Framing System,” ASCE Journal of Structural Engineering, Vol. 140(2), 0401305, 2014 (posted online 10.1061/(ASCE)ST.1943-541X.0000814, Feb. 1, 2013).
88. I. Ostanin, R. Ballarini, D. Potyondy and T. Dumitrica, “A Distinct Element Method for Large Scale Simulations of Carbon Nanotube Assemblies,” Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, Vol. 61, pp. 762-782, 2013.
85. L.M. Hale, D.B. Zhang, X. Zhou, J.M. Zimmerman, N.R. Moody, T. Dumitrica, R. Ballarini and W.W. Gerberich, “Dislocation Morphology and Nucleation within Compressed Si Nanospheres: A Molecular Dynamics Study,” Computational Materials Science, Vol. 54, pp. 280-286, 2012.
84. L.M. Hale, X. Zhou, J.A. Zimmerman, N.R. Moody, R. Ballarini and W.W. Gerberich, “Phase Transformations, Dislocations and Hardening Behavior in Uniaxially Compressed Silicon Nanospheres,” Computational Materials Science, Vol. 50, Issue 5, pp. 1651-1660, 2011.
82. Y. Ganesan, C. Peng, Y. Lu, P.E. Loya, P. Moloney, E. Barrera, B. I. Yakobson, J.M. Tour, R. Ballarini and J. Lou, “Interface Toughness of Multi-wall Carbon Nanotube Reinforced Epoxy Composites,” ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, Vol. 3, Issue 2, pp. 129-134, 2011.
80. Y. Tang and R. Ballarini, “Corrosion Mechanisms in Electrostrictive Thin Films,”Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids, Vol. 59, Issue 2, pp. 178-193, 2011 (published first online doi: 10.1016/j.jmps.2010.11.002).
79. A.R. Beaber, J.D. Nowak, O. Ugurlu, W. M. Mook, S.L. Girshick, R. Ballarini and W.W. Gerberich, “Smaller is Tougher,” Philosophical Magazine, Vol. 91, Issue 7-9, pp. 1179-1189, 2011 (first published June 25, 2010 (iFirst), doi:10.1080/14786435.2010.487474).
78. R. Ballarini and P. Villaggio, “Elastic Stress Diffusion Around a Thin Corrugated Inclusion,” IMA Journal of Applied Mathematics, Vol. 76, Issue 4, pp. 633-641, 2011 (advanced access published January 7, 2011, pp. 1-9, doi:10.1093/imamat/hqx070).