40. L. Brandinelli and R. Ballarini, “Stress Intensity Factor Approximations for Two Dimensional Curvilinear Cracks,” Composites Science and Technology, Special Issue Dedicated to the 65th Anniversary of Dr. Nicholas Pagano, Vol. 82, pp. 274-280, 2000.
38. H. Kahn, R. Ballarini, R.L. Mullen and A.H. Heuer, “Electrostatically Actuated Failure of Microfabricated Polysilicon Fracture Mechanics Specimens,” Proceedings of the Royal Society of London, A455, pp. 3807-3823, 1999.
36. R. Ballarini, R.L. Mullen and A.H.Heuer, “The Effects of Heterogeneity and Anisotropy on the Size Effect in Cracked Polycrystalline Films,” International Journal of Fracture, Special Issue Fracture Scaling, Vol. 95, No. 1-4, pp. 19-39, 1999.
35. R. Kayacan, R. Ballarini and R.L. Mullen, “The Effects of Tooth and Implant Mobility on Occlusal Force Transmission in Tooth/Implant Supported Prostheses,” The Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry, Vol. 78, No. 4, pp. 391-399, October 1997.
32. D.G. Lewicki and R. Ballarini, “Gear Crack Propagation Life Investigations,” International Journal of Fracture, Vol. 87, pp. 58-86, 1997 (also appeared as a feature article in Gear Technology, Nov./Dec. 1997, pp. 18-24).
31. R. Ballarini, R.L. Mullen, Y. Yin, A. Kahn, S. Stemmer and A.H. Heuer, “The Fracture Toughness of Polycrystalline Silicon Microdevices: A First Report,” Journal of Materials Research, Vol. 12, No. 4, pp. 915-922, 1997.
30. R. Kayacan, R. Ballarini, R.L. Mullen and R.R. Wang, “Effects of Attachment Clips on Occlusal Force Transmission in Removable Implant-Supported Overdentures and Cantilevered Superstructures,” International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Implants, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 228-236, 1997.
27. L.T. Kuhn, H. Kessler, R. Ballarini, A.H. Heuer and S.M. Spearing, “Fracture Mechanisms of the Strombus Gigas Conch Shell: Implications for the Design of Brittle Laminates,” Journal of Materials Science, Vol. 31, pp. 6583-6594, 1996.
26. H. Kessler, R. Ballarini, R.L. Mullen, L.T. Kuhn and A.H. Heuer, “A Biomimetic Example of Brittle Toughening: (I) Steady State Multiple Cracking,” Computational Materials Science, Vol. 5, pp. 157-166, 1996.
23. R. Ballarini and M.J. Leitman, “Bending the Elastica with Mathematica,” The International Journal of Mechanical Engineering Education, Vol. 23, No. 4, pp. 11-21, 1996.